- 1 pkg angel hair pasta
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Asiago cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh chives
- Cracked black pepper
1. Cook pasta just until al dente.
2. Drain, toss with olive oil and set aside.
3. While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and wine and cook over medium heat until wine is reduced by one third. Toss cooked pasta with wine mixture using tongs and cook until just heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with Parmesan, Asiago and herbs.
4. Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Grating tip: cheese should be cold and firm before grating.