I answered this question in another post. But it seems to be a questions that keeps popping up. The answer is yes. You can use LorAnn Flavoring Oils to add a kick to your regular butter-cream frosting. Here’s how:
It depends on how much butter-cream you’ve made, but you can usually add 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of flavor to it. It all depends on intensity of flavor. If you want more, add more flavor. It you only want a slight flavor, add less than 1/4 teaspoon, that way you can add more as needed.
Here’s a good butter-cream recipe from LorAnn Oils:
Butter-cream Frosting: Brought to you by LorAnn Oils
- 1 ½ cups butter or margarine, softened
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon LorAnn Flavoring Oil (depending on intensity wanted)
- A few drops of food coloring, if color is desired
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating mixture until light and fluffy. Add milk, LorAnn flavoring, and coloring (as desired), beating until spreading consistency. (Yield: 3 cups) Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Beat again before using.
marie renickAugust 7, 2012 at 3:33 pm
I love this site. I spend many hours browsing around. My favorite recipe SO FAR is your granola bars. Your coral ruffled apron is cute as it can be. I believe aprons are making a comeback. Thank you for much enjoyment.