What better way to say, “I love you” than with a box of delicious Chocolate Cherry Cordials? This treat is surprisingly simple to make, but requires about a week or two to reach their peak flavor, so make sure you make them ahead of time.
You can make cherry cordials without the stem by using a mold.
Make ombre cherries by mixing red and white chocolate. Start with a small ratio and add more red as you go.
Chocolate Cherry Cordials
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, mix softened butter and corn syrup.
- Stir in sifted confectioners' sugar.
- Knead mixture until smooth. If it isn't firm enough to handle, put into the refrigerator to chill.
- Take about a teaspoon of the mixture and make into a ball
- Flatten it and shape it around each cherry. Pinch off any excess.
- Place the coated cherries upright on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill until firm.
- Melt chocolate. Temper if necessary.
- Hold cherries by the stem and dip into the chocolate. Be sure to completely cover the cherries to hold in the juice. Holding cherries by the stem, dip one at a time into the chocolate. Be sure to completely seal the cherries, otherwise the cherry juice may leak out after the chocolate has set.
- Place the dipped cherries on parchment-line baking sheets. Chill until chocolate is firm.
- Seal in an airtight container or plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Best after about a week. It allows the mixture to soften.