It’s time to upgrade your boring old veggie recipes to one that highlights naturally delicious flavor. Our ginger glazed carrots make the perfect side dish. Who knows – it might even be the favorite thing on your dinner guest’s plate!
Above are a couple handy tools for making your dish. A sharp ergonomically designed peeler will speed up your prep time. Cut uniform pieces of parsley with herb scissors and save yourself some time on the cutting board.
What we like about these carrots are they are a decent side dish and won’t overwhelm your plate’s palate. But, they still are a delicious show-stopping treat. I’d eat an entire plate of them for dinner!
- 7 medium carrots
- (peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Makes 4 serving
- Combine carrots, butter, ginger ale and a pinch of salt in a saute pan. Place the lid on top and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, stir, and turn heat on low. Cook for about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, increase heat to high and continue to cook until the ginger ale turns into a glaze, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Once the dish has become glazed, remove from heat, place onto serving dish, and sprinkle the parsley on top.