These cutie little snakes need to be at your next Halloween party. Bread dough is wrapped around chopsticks to create these swirly little guys.
This recipe could be made with any type of dough. Homemade or store bought, fresh or frozen will all yield delicious results. Simply roll into a rope and wrap around a greased chopstick or a skewer. The tighter you wrap, the more swirly your snakes will be.
Continue your creative cooking with some fun toppings. We used sesame seeds and poppy seeds, but parmesan cheese or spices would be fun. Think chili powder and cumin or italian seasoning. Ooooh, my sweet tooth wants cinnamon sugar with raisin eyes!
- 1 roll refrigerated pizza dough
- 12 greased chopsticks or skewers
- olive oil
- toppings - sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Open pizza dough and roll out onto a cutting board, Cut dough into 12 long strips.
- Roll each piece of dough into a rope and wrap around greased chopstick. Flatten one end to make the head and make the tail on the other end by pinching the dough into a point.
- Place onto a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle on desired toppings.
- Cut small triangles from the olives and press into the head.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, just until they start to brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove the bread from the chopstick before they cool completely.