As the weather chills, and we spend more of our nights indoors, it’s fun to make food that also creates an experience, and a memory! Taking the time to slow down and enjoy something tasty together can be a fun tradition for all ages.
That’s why we love our hot chocolate on a stick. Take a cube of creamy, delicious chocolate and slowly melt it in a warm cup of milk. Sit around stirring, sipping, and enjoying. The food and the company.
We love this recipe from the girls at Our Best Bites. Follow the link to their website, or the recipe is posted below.
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 22 oz (weighed) good quality chocolate
- Prepare an 8" pan by lining it with parchment paper on the bottom and sides.
- Warm cream, milk and vanilla over medium heat in a saucepan. Stir in chocolate and combine until smooth and creamy looking.
- Pour chocolate mixture into pan and smooth the top.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Once chilled, invert the chocolate to remove from pan.
- Lay on cutting board, and cut chocolate into 36 squares. You may need to warm the knife blade by running it under hot water and drying it off in between cuts.
- Insert a popsicle or sucker stick into each square.
- To serve, melt chocolate in 8-10oz hot milk.
- Can add in a variety of toppings to chocolate mixture before pouring into the pan- Peppermint pieces, pistachio, sprinkles, tiny marshmallow.
Watch Heather, from Gygi, make her own hot chocolate on a spoon variation with Studio 5 here.