Experience new flavors from your grill with street food from Thailand. Chef Todd shared his experiences from his trip to Thailand and a couple Thai Barbecue Recipes at our Grilling Gala.
Thai recipes call for delicious ingredients that taste so flavorful and fresh – you can’t go wrong with lime, coconut, and chilies!
Thai Barbecue Recipes
Thai Meat Marinade
- 1/3 cup Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Crushed Lemongrass
- 4 leaves Thai Sweet Basil
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai Chilies, minced
- Prepare and mix all ingredients well. Allow marinade to sit before applying to meat to release flavor. Add the marinade to your choice of meat but best with chicken leg for BBQ or even fish.
Thai Dipping Sauce:
- 8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/3 Cup Fish Sauce
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Tablespoon minced Thai chilies, more or less to desire
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro, optional but delicious
Prepare all ingredients and mix in bowl, set aside to rest. Enjoy, yields 1 cup.